Little India~see & eat~

Have you ever experienced teleport like SF movies? Maybe most of you haven't, but I have!! Little India is not little, rather it is the real-deal India.


Image result for singapore little india


It takes about 10 minutes from Chinatown MRT Station to Little India MRT Station. When you step out of the station, you'll be in drastically different world in the same country. I want you to feel the vibrant district with your five senses; seeing colorful buildings, hearing the Hindi language,  tasting the buzzing foods, touching the wall arts and smelling aromatic incense stick from the temples. In this time, I'll give you an points of arts and food.

Arts

Image result for singapore little india


As you can see, Little India's biggest star is the colorful and ethnic buildings. Many instagramers and bloggers take selfies behind the sun light in the morning. This kind of enormous art (the town is all painted with bright color) hasn't been seen in Japan. If you go around this area, make sure that you bring your own camera. The top picture is my favorite building which made me feel as though I'd been a character in a fairy tale. Each street has unique designs, and some of them are more artistic like a pro's drawing. The others look playful like cartoons. (the left picture). It's lucky for you to find out walls of cartoon, so it would allow you to have a good day if you could see them.

Food


Image result for Chye Seng Huat Hardware cafe


Image result for chye seng huat hardware cafe coffee cakeIn some street, there are a lot of cafeteria where you can have a fine breakfast with a cup of coffee. Do you want to know about Singapore's hottest and sweet cafe? Chye Seng Huat Hardware which is in Jalan Besar area, is the most loving and relaxing cafe which I visited. It sells delicious coffee, cakes, small dishes and some sweets with a cozy atmosphere. It provides terrace seats, so it must be nice for your dating and chatting with your boyfriend or girlfriend. 


Image result for Chye Seng Huat Hardware cafe coffee

Chye Seng Huat Hardware
9 am- 10 pm Tue-Thu & Sun, to midnight Fri & Sat


Image result for singapore tekka center

When lunch time comes, you should go to Tekka Center, a food court near the MRT Station. It is one of the most well-known Hawker Center which is Singaporean food court. The colorful Hawker Center is set up like the other Hawker Center, for all the stalls stand individually. Of course, the number of curry and naan stalls is more than the other Hawkers Center. Don't forget arming yourself with an empty stomach and exercise your tongue before diving in it. I'm sure you'll be a lover of spicy curry and butte-flavored naan. After ordering your meal, wash your hands, and be sure to only use your right hand. Let's experience the eating manner as local people do.


Related image


Tekka Center
Daily from 6:30 am- 9 pm


Comments

  1. What beautiful pictures ! Especially, I like the first two pictures about Little India. I'd like to know the great temple's name and other readers may also want to know the name. So how would you like to put the name of the ethnic building?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. At first I thought I should have told the name of the building, but it has no certain name because it's collection of stores. Plus, I want the visitors to find it be themselves, which is one of the most enjoyable part in travel.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for that little trip Mako. As usual, you show us tantalizing sights in Singapore. One sentence you use above is 'It's thorn for you to find out walls of animation and cartoon...' Can you tell me what you mean by this? Especially I don't know what you mean by the word 'thorn.'
    I would like you to consider your color scheme in your blog this week. If you had to define your background color choice with one word, what would that word be? Understanding this, is this the information you want your reader to have? The background is an intimate part of the reading experience and affects the reader. Your blog's header is dynamic and interesting. It's a treat to the reader's eye, but as we scroll down to read, we are confronted by your background color only. There is a lot you could do with this space to enhance the experience of your reader. Why don't you play with that a little?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your advice. Coloring or visual attracts browsers at first and it has influenced whether they get interested in my suggestion or not.

      Delete
  3. It ’s a really beautiful city! ! I am very interested in sweets and curry.
    I'm looking forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Singaporean food is delicious because it is gathering different tribes and they respect their traditional homemade food all the time. The taste and atmosphere of the restaurant are drastically different.

      Delete
  4. Your blog this time is also very interesting. I think it is very good to color the station names and store names. That is useful for the reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coloring is the most confusing part of my blog, though because it couldn't tell all you what I'm thinking exactly. I keep to try some style of it.

      Delete
  5. I always enjoy viewing your blog because every time you post, I get to know new things and food (it may be also because you try to introduce unique stuff). I was especially interested in Tekka Center simply because the picture looks really appetizing to me. I also noticed that you try to introduce places you actually visited, which to me makes your description very convincing because you are telling your experience, and not something you just hear or search. You did an amazing job on this new post again, please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I've been composing my blog based on my diary described in Singapore. I want all you to feel and touch the latest news of Singapore through my post.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gardens By the Bay

Singaporean souvenir