Clarke Quay ~ explore & shopping~



Map from Clarke Quay, Singapore to GX-5 Extreme Swing, 3E River Valley Rd, #01-G-X5, Clarke Quay Blk E, Singapore 179024

Singapore is a country surrounded by the sea and along the river. The main river, the Singapore River connects the three quays; Boat Quay, Clarke Quay and Robertson Quay. Today I'll introduce Clarke Quay near the Central Business District in Singapore.

Image result for clarke quay

It has several faces. In the daytime, the colorful buildings are shining along the river, and the restaurant and stalls are packed with local people and visitors. At night, the vibrant area turns into romantic spot where many couples are gathering and having a wonderful dinner in terraces.


In the daytime...

Asian Civilisations Museum

Image result for asian civilisations museum singapore

The classical Asian Civilisations Museum houses the historical Asian treasures. The exhibition shows that Singapore is relevant with Southeast Asia, China, Indonesia and Islamic west Asia. Over the three levels allows you to get excited all the time. In the 1st floor, it tells us trade having history from 9th century. More than 1000 years ago, the Tang Ship, the important ship at that time, sank. There are over 60,000 Tang dynasty ceramics called hidden treasure. In the 2nd floor set faith and belief. It has a lot of sculptures, paintings and ritual states which tell us that a variety of regions were spread in Singapore. In the 3rd floor is now work- in- progress. By coming 2019, the art has been developed speedily, and it exhibits state-of-the art works. How about taking a look at long history of Singapore?


adult/ child under 6 yr S$8/ free, 7-9 pm Fri half price
10 am- 7 pm Sat-Thu, to 9 pm Fri
10 minutes from Clarke Quay MRT Sta on foot

Map from Clarke Quay, Singapore to Asian Civilisations Museum, 1 Empress Pl, Singapore 179555




GX-5 Extreme Swing & Trampoline Bungy 


Image result for gx5 extreme swing clarke quay

In Clarke Quay, you can try straight-up bungy which is used New Zealand's authentic technology. It is combined down drop and swings. Guests rides on a small transparent capsule which is kept by fine wires, which may make you fainted because you would feel as though you became a bird.
Suspected attraction is climbing, lifting and dropping, so guests should be in good physical. It's available until the near restaurants are closed, so why don't you try it in both daytime and night? It must give you drastically different feelings.




adult/ student per ride S$45/ 35
including G-Max Reverse Bungy S$69/ 50
2 pm- late
5 minutes from Clarke Quay MRT Sta on foot

GX-5 Extreme Swing & Trampoline Bungy  (YouTube)




The Central


Image result for clarke quay central


There is a outstanding shopping mall, overlooking the Singapore River modeled after Harajuku, Tokyo where the trendy fashion are creating endlessly and young people are gathering and spreading them all over Japan. You can feel Japan in independent boutiques, restaurants and discount store. Among them, I was surprised that DON DON DONKI (called Don Quijote in Japan) is more familiar with local people than I'd expected. The composition of the store is almost the same with Japanese one. It sells food, daily necessaries, and clothing. It provides high-quality Japanese food. Therefore, some people often go there to eat them, not in Japanese restaurant.

Image result for donki donki singapore clarke quayImage result for donki donki singapore clarke quay


Retail shops  11 am-10 pm daily
Restaurants  11 am- 11 pm daily
1 minute from Clarke Quay Sta on foot


Map from Clarke Quay, Singapore to Clarke Quay Central, 6 Eu Tong Sen St, Singapore 059817

Comments

  1. The bungy looks so attractive and fantastic! Although I've never tried this type of attraction, I want to ride it very much. What's more, I was really surprised to know there is Don Quijote in Singapore. So could you tell me both the similarities and differences between the shop in Japan and Singapore one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Saki. I think both Donki are almost the same about the goods and stalls. Although local people say its price is low, it's relatively more expensive than Japanese Donki.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for keeping the Singapore information interesting and enjoyable to read. Hopefully you will try to embed a video in your blog soon. One thing I would like to suggest is that when you have two pictures side-by-side, you should center align them rather than left align. If the pictures don't stretch across the whole post field, they create a visual imbalance. Alternately, you could separate the pictures and have one left aligned and the other right aligned.,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also want to suggest that you try to increase your readership. One good way to do this is to link your blog posts to your favorite social media. Check out the page LInking Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc. to Blogger on the pukblogtips.blogspot.com page.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your advice. I've never realized that how important the balance is. I should check the center line all the time.

      Delete
  3. I was interested in this attraction. I don't think I can get on because I'm afraid of high places, but I want to see it nearby. I didn't know that there was something like this, so I became more interested in Singapore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just try everything that you're interested in. I'll introduce Universal Studio Singapore and other outdoor activities.

      Delete
  4. I think this is my favorite post of yours so far. I have seen many aesthetically pleasing pictures of the country myself, and once again I was reminded me of how gorgeous Singapore is. You are really making me want to visit the country! I was INSANELY fascinated by the first picture from how beautiful it looks! I am also a massive fan of attractions like swings, which is another appealing point of the city for me. I was surprised too, that Singapore has a city modelling harajuku. Would be really fun to explore and find differences there. You keep improving the content, please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was delighted to hear that you're also getting into Singapore. As I said before, Singapore is multicultural country and every trend is mixed up and gradually it becomes its own culture. I'm trying to attract readers' attention.

      Delete
  5. There are so many attractions in Singapore! I read your blog and you want to go to Singapore more and more! The one that attracted me the most is bungee jump. I want to do it once. Thank you for the interesting information.
    I look forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw the bungee jump, I was trembling unconsciously. If you want to try it in Singapore, you should practice the similar one in Japan.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Little India~see & eat~

Gardens By the Bay

Singaporean souvenir