Little India~ explore & experience~

Hellođź‘‹
Today I'll focus on the local people's life and culture. Indian people devote themselves on Buddhism which one of the most major religion in the world. Though it is the same religion with Japan, the atmosphere such as the appearance, music and manner is totally different. Let's take a look at them!!




It's the most colorful and visually solemn temple in Singapore, where all travelers should stop off. The brutal goddness Kali, wearing a garland of skull looks down you with her sons Ganesh and Murugan. Those who have wishes offer up some flowers and fruits day and night. Travelers can also go inside and see the statues as far as you like, but please mind your outfit!! It should be moderate and harmonized with the tranquil atmosphere.


Map from Little India, Singapore to Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, 141 Serangoon Rd, Singapore 218042

8 am-noon & 6:30- 9 pm Mon-Thu & Sat, 8 am-noon & 6-9 pm Fri & Sun
Free, 5 mins from Little India MRT Station


Image result for indian heritage center singapore




Image result for indian heritage center singaporeIndian people have kept respecting their community in Singapore. Why do they live peacefully in such a mixed world? Their history does show you the hint! The four-story building with Indian stepwell houses a collection of artifacts which came from Southeast Asian countries by trade and exhibition of their historical background. It's so educational, which inspired you with courage to live in a diversity. It has English tour guide from Tuesday to Sunday, all walks of life can be welcomed. Aside from its exhibition, it has a visitor center, a rooftop garden and activity space. At night, the stepwell is sparkling more artfully.

Map from Little India, Singapore to Indian Heritage Centre, 5 Campbell Ln, Singapore 209924


10 am- 7 pm Tue-Thu, to 8 pm Fri & Sat, to 4 pm Sun
adult/ child under 7 years old S$4/ free 

Henna art design in Singapore



Henna is the most noted wearable art in Little India which is inspired from Arabian and Moroccan culture. In Indian culture, it is a kind of traditional formal fashion for women. They get their favorable design such as the sun or flower before wedding and festivals. When you walk the Little India street, you'll find a dozen of beauty salons offering you the pretty art at bargain prices!! Students can also try it easily!! Most of the salons have photo albums, which you can choose.




When I headed to Little India, my friend got it. It takes about only 15 minutes and cost only 10 S$ (about 800 yen). Unlike tattoos, it's drawn by temporary ink which means you can remove it by washing and there is no pain. Moreover, the black ink will change into the red color as time passes, so it allows you to coordinate with your clothes and feelings.









Comments

  1. A very nice peek into the Indian community of Singapore. Though I know that there are Buddhist people in India, I was always under the impression that Hindu was the main religious practice.
    One thing I would like to suggest today is that you put a picture of yourself on the Title bar of your blog. Your writing style is personal and your readers will feel much more connected to you if they can associate your writing and experiences with your face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I thought I shouldn't use a picture with my face because this is class, but I'm checking my photo album again.

      Delete
  2. I want to try henna art on my body someday! It looks really beautiful!! By the way, your blog is getting easier to read and it becomes more informative than the last post. The map you added helps the readers imagine where the building is. Then, I have a suggestion for you. How about changing the blog title's font? It looks a little bit simple so your blog will be more attractive if you try other beautiful fonts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Yes. The title is important to attract browsers.

      Delete
  3. That is my intriguing content. Henna art is particularly impressive! Your blog has a very good layout and is very easy to read. I look forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm satisfied that you get interested in Henna art, traditional Singaporean spirits. I'm trying to show you the points of Singapore.

      Delete
  4. I'm interested in henna art!
    I have never been abroad, so I want to have such an experience.
    I look forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized going abroad gives me a chance to look outside and inside again from the third person's point. These days I've been thinking the difference between Japan and Singapore. Sometimes they are like friends because of Asian countries, but sometimes distinctive strangers. I want both of them to take both good points to their countries.

      Delete
  5. Really interesting post again. I feel I am getting more and more familiar with Singapore thanks to you. I knew there are a lot of different forms of Buddhism, but didn't know how they really different. It was really informative in that regard. Besides, I was most fascinated by Hennna. It looks so cool that I myself want to put on.
    About the writing style, I appreciated that you highlighted some of the words in paragraphs. They were indeed appealing to me. Please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Little India~see & eat~

Gardens By the Bay

Singaporean souvenir